Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Cute Gifts on the Cheap

Parents are always looking for cute, inexpensive gifts to give to teachers. We want to thank teachers for the wonderful job they do. However, it's not unusual for a child to have 6 or 7 teachers. Multiply that by 2 kids, and that's close to 15 gifts. It adds up quickly.

I try to find gifts that are cute, inexpensive and memorable. This year, when looking around on the web for holiday themed art projects, I ran across this cute reindeer pin on the DLTK site. I'm never one to just take things at face value (most art teachers aren't), and here's my take on the project.

First, old puzzle pieces. I chose the head and antler pieces carefully. For the head, I made sure it was an edge piece with a joint on the bottom. Antler had joints on each side. I painted them brown on the backside, so I wouldn't have to worry about covering the puzzle design.


Next, the trusty glue gun. I attached the antlers on the top, backside of the head.




Add a small red pom pom for the nose.


A couple of googly eyes.

And, a pin back.



 
Voila!

I happened to have all the necessary parts and pieces, but all of this can be picked up at any craft store.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment