Thursday, December 15, 2011

Another Cute Gift Idea

This has been around since the Stone Ages (literally), but it still makes a cute and personal gift.

I have a TON of old, discarded mat board that was donated to the Fine Arts department, and I cut some into about 4 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch squares. To complete the 'frame' I used some wallpaper scraps, and card stock, shorting each one about a 1/2 an inch.



I use the School Smart Metallic Tempra paint (LOVE IT!) for the fingerprints.



Since this was a mother gift, we used the thumb for the mother and the pinkie for the child.


After the paint dried, I added the bird features and the text.



For the gift bags, I found a pattern for a Reindeer Gift Bag complete with templates, if you like. I let the kids freehand their antlers, and we made a red construction paper nose to help hold the bag closed with the gift inside.


Cute, simple, easy and cheap. Only thing missing is glitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment